The Family

The Family
Me and my boys!

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The Secret to Fabulous Meatballs

For years I have experimented with making meatballs never getting them quite right. Then one day I was talking to my cousin Signorella and she reminded me about using water soaked white bread. That was it, it is the secret to making Fabulous meatballs! Here's how I make them, keep in mind that you may want to adjust things a little to suit your own personal tastes. Enjoy!

Fabulous Meatballs

Makes approximately 20 golf ball sized meatballs

4 slices of white bread water soaked and squeezed out
1 egg
1/3 cup canned tomato sauce
1/4 Italian flavored bread crumbs
1/4 Parmesan cheese
1 Tbs Italian seasoning
1 tsp parsley
Dash of Worcestershire Sauce
salt & pepper to taste
2 Lbs ground chuck

Combine all ingredients except ground chuck in a bowl until well mixed (should be soupy). Then add ground chuck mixing until it is well blended (I squeeze and press it with my hands). Take golf ball sized amounts and roll them in the palm of your hands until a ball is formed and they feel firm. I drop them into my "Cooked Gravy" at this point, but they can also be fried or baked and used for other recipes such as Swedish Meatballs etc.
My "Cooked Gravy" recipe will be coming soon. Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! I will try it with my gluten-free white bread, but it's likely to crumble or disintegrate rather than soak up water...I'll let you know. (maybe a strainer would work) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think even if it starts to crumble it will be ok, it's needs to be pretty wet when you mix in all the other ingredients. Let me know how it turns out, if it works well for you I would like your permission to mention how it can be used in a glutton free diet and that I have a friend who tried it. Great seeing you yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just made and ate these meatballs with fresh gravy and they are excellent!! Of course we used grass fed beef and the combination made these my new favorite meatballs. Great flavor and texture!

    ReplyDelete