The Family

The Family
Me and my boys!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm tired of Hamburger Helper!

Hello, my name is Arlita and I love to cook, and eat!
I have recently lost several people in my life to cancer, and it has occured to me the reason for this could be the food that we eat. On one of my normal trips to the grocery store recently, I began observing what people were putting in their shopping carts. What I discovered was amazing to me, most everyone in the store had items like "Hamburger Helper" or "Ragu" spaghetti sauce in there cart. With that discovery I decided I would create this blog to share how to make dishes to replace the processed junk they currently buy. We are all so busy in our day to day activities, but there is no reason to eat foods that not only are filled with ingredients from a laboratory, but have little flavor aside from the salt. Now do not misunderstand me, I am not health food fanatic, I am a women who loves to cook and eat delicious food, and believe that everyone can cook something delicious if they would give it a try.
Tomorrow I will begin posting recipe's that I make all the time, that don't take long to prepare, and people love to eat.
See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Arlita! What a fabulous blog! Let's make a movie about it like Julie & Julia. Pam

    ReplyDelete