The Family

The Family
Me and my boys!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

No need for "Pace" again.

Good morning who ever you are!
After living in Texas for 18 years, I acquired a taste for Mexican food. It's a little hard not to since the Dallas/Ft. Worth area (and all of Texas for that matter) is steeped in Mexican traditions. One of the mainstays of the Mexican cuisine is chips and salsa. Today I am going to help you liberate yourself from "Pace" or any of the other name brands, and show you how easy and delicious it is to make it yourself. I have named my version of salsa "Salsa Celestial" after my friend Ruth Gomez who first introduced me to fresh salsa. In fact she called hers "Salsa Celestial" and I loved it so much I thought it would be good to name mine that also.

Salsa Celestial
This recipe makes "hot" salsa so you may adjust the amount of jalapeno according to your tastes.
You will need a food processor for this recipe.

4 large ripe tomato
1 clove garlic peeled
1/2 medium yellow onion
1 jalapeno cut in half and seeded (wear gloves to protect your hands from burning)
Juice of 1/2 lemon (or less depending on your taste)
1 bunch fresh cilantro tops only
Salt to taste

Put all ingredients in food processor and pulse until it is chunky and well chopped and mixed. Taste to be sure there is enough salt. Store in refrigerator for 1 week.

That's it! Isn't that easy?
I hope you enjoy this recipe and let's talk again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment