The Family

The Family
Me and my boys!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Strawberry Almond Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

Strawberry Almond Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing

1 bag salad mix (what ever you like, I use a mixture of baby greens and romaine)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup slivered almonds toasted
2-3 thin slices of purple onion cut in bite size pieces

Toss all the above ingredients together and top with Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe to follow)and toss again.

Poppy Seed Dressing

1/2 cup olive oil
3 Tbls red wine vinegar
1 Tbls lemon juice
2 Tbls honey
2 Tbls minced shallots (can substitute with onion)
1 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
Pinch of salt and pepper

Mix Vinegar, lemon juice, shallots and honey together in a cover container until honey is dissolved. Add oil, poppy seeds, salt and pepper and shake until well combines. FYI this dressing recipe should be enough for 2 salads depending on how much dressing you enjoy on your salad.

1 comment:

  1. hi I found you through google and I think your blog is great! I was making my grocery list and I'm going to make thr chicken teriyaki and the salsa this week! Thanks for sharing!

    sarah

    ReplyDelete